Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tan those gams!!!!!


I am absolutely a product of the tanning days of yore and love the sun-kissed (but not leathery!) look. In my 20s lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons, I almost always had a golden-sunshiny-coconut-scented glow. Nowadays I’m all about sun block and skin protection. However, with all the great self-tanning products on the market I can still get the look I love minus damaging my skin.

Even though the calendar shows we are approaching cooler days ahead, I still have some warm-weather destinations on my travel schedule.  My go-to self tanning product is Bath and Body Works ‘True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion – Strike Gold”. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11160991&cp=12587010.12936188.4305156 Love it!

 
There are multiple techniques for applying self-tanners to avoid streaks, splotches, and uneven coverage. For me, I apply the tanner in the morning after my shower. I like to start by putting a light layer of lotion on my legs. I love Bath and Body Works “True Blue Spa Nourishing Body Lotion – Tahiti Sweetie” http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11160983&cp=12587010.12936188.4305156



The secret for me is to apply the body lotion lightly and then let it soak in for about 10 minutes before applying the tanning lotion. (NOTE: most self-tanning products say to apply to clean, dry, lotion-free skin. For me a light lotion base works much better.)

As a traveler obsessed with taking only carry on luggage, I have found a trick to get my tanning lotion through security in its original container: once I have used half the product at home, I stash the half used container in my travel case instead of using it all up. (Yep, this means I have two containers open a lot of the time.). Then I fold the container in half and secure it with a hair tie or rubber band and put it in my Ziploc with all my other liquids. I’m not exactly sure this is ‘legal’; however, it has worked for me over 10+ times.

Kari On and Keep Traveling 

No comments:

Post a Comment