Friday, February 22, 2013

Clipped Wings

2012 was a great travel year for me. I hit the top tier of the frequent flyer program and 9 times out of 10 I was fortunate enough to fly first class and get some amazing room upgrades. Then wham – budget constraints hit hard and I found my wings (along with countless others) clipped.

I’ve made good use of the non-travel time and caught up on projects at home, increased my gym workouts, and spent some great quality time with the family.

Now’s the time to get back in the groove and feed my travel passion! One of my goals is to share options for cooking easy and healthy food on the road. I love eating out – but 3 meals plus snacks everyday can pack on the calories and make a hefty dent in the wallet.

All of years of travelling have taught me some amazing tricks for making meals on the go – the key is preplanning, knowing what to bring from home, knowing what to buy at the market, and most important keeping it easy.

I will start by posting single meal ideas and ultimately compile the recipes in to full week plans. This is going to be fun!

Stay tuned for the first recipe tomorrow: chicken lettuce wraps.

Kari On and Keep Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment